Kurt Russell baseball

by umer | 2:11 AM in |

Kurt Russell baseball
Kurt Russell baseball _Kurt Russell Played Baseball in Minors. Kurt Russell who has starred in such blockbuster hits as The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China and Miracle was a baseball star. He was signed by the California Angels in 1971.

Russel played second base for four of the Angels’ minor league affiliates and was named a league All-Star in his first year.
Russell was a shoe-in to be called up after leading the Texas League in hitting in 1973 with a .563 batting average in his first 16 at bats. But in June of that year, he would tear his rotator cuff in a collision at second base that would end his baseball career.

"I was serious enough to be leading the Texas League (in hitting) when I got hurt,"
Russell says. "Sandy Alomar was hitting .138 and I was in the middle of a pretty good year. I made the All-Star team and I was a second baseman who could turn the doubleplay and hit. It was what I did."

source: postchronicle