CELEBS WHO COME FROM MONEY
CELEBS WHO COME FROM MONEY_Quincy Jones' actress daughter Rashida has suffered racism throughout her life, because she is mixed-race.

The 32-year-old has a black father and a white Jewish mother - actress Peggy Lipton.

And Jones claims her looks have alienated her from black and white social groups - particularly at Harvard University, where she was turned away from an all-black sorority.


She says, "I definitely learned my lesson. I'm back to that place were I'm like, 'You know what? I'm black, I'm white, I'm Jewish, I'm Irish, I'm Portuguese, I'm Welsh, what the f**k ever.' To me it's so inconsequential.

"People still say things to me like, 'Oh my god, you're black? I would've never guessed that.' And I just think, I can't help your ignorance.

"There are bi-racial people who look like me or who look like Alicia Keys or who look like Halle Berry. I'm so proud to be so many things."

source: postchronicle