Charlize Theron Adoption

by umer | 4:00 AM in |

Charlize Theron Adoption
Charlize Theron Adoption_Charlize Theron has adopted a baby boy.
"She is the proud mom of a healthy baby boy named Jackson," her rep tells Us Weekly, not giving further details on the boy's age or information on where Theron adopted him from.

Theron, the 36-year-old Oscar winner, has said in the past that she was ready for children. While in a nine-year relationship with actor Stuart Townsend, Theron told The Daily Mirror that they were starting to think about kids back in 2010.

"I feel very blessed to have had a certain amount of success and now I’m reaching the point where I would love to be a mom," Theron told the paper. "I know I want to raise a big family and it’s just a question of time. I know I’m ready for that phase of my life and I know that Stuart is the man I want to take that step with."

However, shortly after giving the interview, Theron's vision of her future abruptly changed. After a holiday Christmas trip to Mexico with Townsend, the star reportedly told friends that they had split, because she believed that they had become "more like brother and sister," said a source. Theron was soon spotted out without her commitment ring from Townsend.
Theron spoke to Vogue about the breakup last November.
"It was sinking, and I had to give it a fight," she says, explaining that she took a break from acting to work on her relationship. "I really wanted to try and make it work. That was the priority."
Now, it appears that the "Young Adult" star has decided to move on with plans to start a family on her own.


Read more: nypost