Andre Agassi Admits Wearing A Wig

Andre Agassi admits wearing a wig – Tennis champ Andre Agassi regularly wore a toupee during matches to mask his baldness and claims it caused his defeat in his first Grand Slam final.

The two-time U.S. Open winner admitted his flowing locks were actually fake in extracts from his upcoming new autobiography, “Open.”

“Every morning I would get up and find another piece of my identity on the pillow, in the wash basin, down the plughole,” Agassi wrote in the new book.

“I asked myself, ‘You want to wear a toupee? On the tennis court?’ I answered myself: ‘What else could I do?’ ”

Agassi says he was too embarrassed to admit to his premature baldness and went to great lengths to mask the shiny truth. Andre Agassi bald

He claims he lost his first Grand Slam final, at the French Open in 1990, because he was worried the wig would fall off.

“With each leap, I imagine it falling into the sand,” he wrote.

“I imagine millions of spectators move closer to their TV sets, their eyes widening and, in dozens of dialects and languages, ask how Andre Agassi’s hair has fallen from his head.”

The eight-time Grand Slam champion also admits in the book to using crystal methamphetamine in 1997.