Courtney Love Facing Eviction From NYC Home
Courtney Love Facing Eviction From NYC Home_ Courtney Love is facing eviction from her New York home after infuriating her landlady by allegedly falling behind on her rent and changing the decor without permission.

The Hole rocker moved into the Manhattan townhouse earlier this year and she hit headlines in June when a candle set her curtains on fire and caused a small blaze.

The building's owner Donna Lyon is now preparing for a legal battle with Love over allegations she owes more than $50,000 in rent.

Lyon tells the New York Post, "It was decorated by the previous owner, interior designer Steven Gambrel. One of the requirements of the lease is that nothing should be done to the interiors. Courtney has wallpapered and painted a large portion of the property without my consent."

"I learned about this when I wanted to sell the house and had photographs taken. They sent me the brochure and I said, 'This can't be my property.' I came to New York to see it and I was horrified by what she had done. The walls that had been hand-painted and glazed were ruined (sic), covered in damask wallpaper and ice-blue paint."

She says of the house fire, "I got a call from her accountant, who said, 'Miss Love is fine,' which I was glad to hear, but I thought, 'What about the house?'"

The civil case will go to court in Manhattan on December 21st.

“It was decorated by the previous owner, interior designer Steven Gambrel. One of the requirements of the lease is that nothing should be done to the interiors.
Lyons, who is based in Chicago, says she didn’t know of the changes until she wanted to sell the town house and had photos taken for a brochure.

They sent me the brochure and I said, ‘This can’t be my property.’ I came to New York to see it and I was horrified by what she had done. The walls that had been hand-painted and glazed were ruined, covered in damask wallpaper and ice-blue paint.”


source: starpulse