Paul Mccartney divorce $48.6 million

by umer | 2:20 AM in |

Paul Mccartney divorce $48.6 million

Paul Mccartney divorce $48.6 million,Heather Mills won a massive $48.6 million divorce settlement Monday from ex-Beatle Paul McCartney but quickly slammed it as chincy and vowed an appeal.

"I'm just glad it's over. I'm so so happy," Mills, 40, said at first.

She quickly made clear she was, in fact, furious.

The $48.6 million figure is $201 million less than what Mills had demanded - and only $17 million more than McCartney wanted to lay out.

"He's got everything that he wanted. That's what happens with powerful people," she said.

Also, under Justice Hugh Bennett's ruling, McCartney will pay $70,000 a year for support of their daughter, Beatrice, 4.

"Obviously she's meant to travel B Class while her father travels A class, but obviously I will pay for that," Mills told reporters.

Bennett decided that McCartney was worth $800 million, but Mills made clear that she doesn't buy that figure.

"Everybody knows" he was worth double that number, Mills insisited.

She said she would be back in court Tuesday to appeal the judge's decision to make his judgment public.

McCartney did not comment on the settlement. He emerged from Court 34, wearing a black suit, white shirt and blue tie with his trademark black sneakers and showing no emotion.

Mills, in a green, blue and olive pantssuit with a bright red shirt, said she didn't regret representing herself in court and charged that McCartney's lawyer, Fiona Shackleton, "very sadly handled this case in the worst manner. She called me many many names."

She also once more complained about being hounded by the press.

"I really hope now me and my daughter can have a life and not be followed everyday," she said.

Asked if she now planned to move abroad, Mills said: "I can't leave England. I always wanted to keep my daughter near her father. Believe me if I tried to go, he would have an injunction on me in a second."

Source: nydailynews