Carson Daly JetBlue

by umer | 7:29 AM in |

Carson Daly JetBlue

Carson Daly JetBlue_Carson Daly took to his radio show today to sound off on the JetBlue Airways pilot charged with interfering with a flight crew after sprinting through the cabin of a Las Vegas-bound flight screaming about terrorists and 9/11 -- but his comments may ruffle a few feathers among the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.

Noting that passengers wrestled Captain Clayton Osbon to the ground prior to an emergency landing, Daly said, "On this particular flight, most of the people were on their way to some sort of security conference in Las Vegas...so it was a bunch of dudes, and well-trained dudes."

As TMZ is reporting, Daly then suggested that gays would not brave enough to handle such a dangerous situation: "If that were me...with my luck, it would be like, 'This is the flight going to the [gay] pride parade in San Francisco.'" He then added, "Uh, we're headed down to Vegas for the floral convention."

A number of bloggers pointed out that the media personality seems to have forgotten about Mark Bingham, the openly gay man who reportedly joined several passengers in storming the cockpit of United Airlines Flight 93 after it was hijacked during the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
"We live in a time where gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender individuals find courage every day to overcome adversity, stand up to bullying and find equality. I'm truly saddened that my words today suggested otherwise. I've long been a supporter of Gay and Lesbian rights, and I'm saddened that my comments, however unintentional, offended anyone, specifically members of the LGBT community.
The fact that I have hurt anyone is devastating. I'm not that guy. I'm proud to be an ally of the LGBT community and will continue to fight with them."

source: huffingtonpost