lori loughlin stamos

by umer | 7:10 AM in |

lori loughlin stamos--Several months ago John Stamos told Huffington Post Live that he and his Full House costar Lori Loughlin went to Disneyland on a date as teenagers.

"We were friends, we were on the soaps together and we actually did date," Stamos, 50, said back in June. "We went on a date to Disneyland before, you know, before we were both married. In real life, when we were 18, 19 years old. We did have some off timing, but no disrespect to her family and her husband now, I would say that she could be the one that got away."

E! News caught up with Loughlin, now 49 and married to Italian designer Mossimo Giannulli, who said she still "loved" her former costar.

"Oh my goodness. Well, we'll never know, right," she said. "I will always love John, always."

Asked whether she ever had a serious crush on Stamos, Loughlin just laughed and said, "You're funny!"

Stamos elaborated in a September interview with Life & Style.

"Our timing was always off," he said. "During Full House, Lori was such a goody-good. And I think during those years, in my head I thought, you know, I wanted the wild girls!"

"I would rather have her as a best friend than an ex-wife," he added.