Mariah Carey Twitter

by umer | 10:30 AM in |

Mariah Carey Twitter--News of Whitney Houston's death swept through the Internet Saturday night as celebs responded with shock and sadness:

Mariah Carey
Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston.

Aretha Franklin
Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin told CNN in a statement, "I just can't talk about it now. It's so stunning and unbelievable. I couldn't believe what I was reading coming across the TV screen. My heart goes out to Cissy, her daughter Bobbi Kris, her family and Bobby."

"Such a loss. One of the greatest voices of our time. Sending out prayers to her family... #R.I.P.Whitney"

Lady Gaga
"When I wrote Born This Way I imagined Whitney singing it because I wasn't secure enough to be a star"


Justin Bieber
"Just heard the news. so crazy ...One of the GREATEST VOICES EVER just passed. RIP Whitney Houston. My prayers go out to her friends and family I am sadden to hear of the passing of Whitney Houston today..."

Smokey Robinson:
I've known Whitney since she was a little girl and I have always loved her. She was like family to me....

Christina Aguilera
@TheRealXtina We have lost another legend. Love and prayers to Whitney's family. She will be missed.


Drake
RIP Whitney Houston.


La Toya Jackson
@latoyajackson I can't fathom the fact that #whitneyhouston has died! My heart goes out 2 her mother, daughter & her love ones. #Whitney U will be missed


@MissyElliott
Thank u 4 the times we worked 2gether your Voice touched the World! N this rough time I pray for The Houston Family...


P. Diddy
@iamdiddy Whitney Houston!!! OMG!! I really can't believe this.. This is one of the saddest days ever.


Queen Latifah
@IAMQUEENLATIFAH
Oh Dear Lord! Huritng so Bad!!! MY Sister Whitney!!!!!!! Newark please Pray!!! World Please Pray

Ryan Seacrest
@RyanSeacrest At Grammys rehearsal hearing Whitney Houston has passed away at 48. Everyone here is absolutely stunned.


Wyclef Jean
"The voice of an Angel, the Heart of a Lamb, the spirit of a Lioness, the presence of a Goddess, love you R.I.P Whitney Houston."