Matthew mcconaughey and camila alves

by umer | 12:24 AM in |

Matthew mcconaughey and camila alves
Matthew mcconaughey and camila alves _Matthew McConaughey got a very special gift this Christmas - a new fiancee.

The 42-year-old actor popped the question to long-time girlfriend Camila Alves, with whom he has two children, on Sunday and then broke the good news to his fans on Twitter.

"Just asked camila to marry me, #MerryChristmas," he posted, with a link to a photo of the him kissing the future Mrs. McConaughey.

The engagement not exactly the biggest surprise in Hollywood. The Brazilian born Alves, the 29-year-old host of Bravo's Sheer Genius, has been with McConaughey since 2006.

"I found the woman I wanna do it with, the woman I wanna make a family with, hopefully live our life out together," McConaughey told GQ Magazine in March. "She needs to have 50 percent of that.

"I mean, it's a lot easier for me to be at 100 percent. I'd always been 100 percent. It's braver for me at 50 percent."


Read more: nydailynews