Carrie Underwood attacked--Julie Andrews is one of the most popular icons in Hollywood history. So when it was announced that Carrie Underwood would be re-creating Julie's role as Maria in a live TV version of the much-loved 1956 musical, "The Sound of Music," fans of the 78-year-old star were up in arms.

The country singer said in Entertainment Weekly's "Entertainers of the Year" issue that the uproar has been nasty, "I get hate tweets and stuff like, 'You're not Julie Andrews!' I know I'm not Julie. Nobody is and I would never pretend that I was. I know my place."

But while others may not be happy with the casting, producer Neil Meron told the Associated Press that the blond was his first choice for the role, "Carrie is one of the bravest artists we've ever worked with." He also noted that the star arrived two weeks before the production's six week rehearsal schedule began with her lines fully memorized just to get ahead of the game.

Even Julie Andrews herself has expressed her admiration for her successor. Check out the vid to hear what she had to say about Carrie, and be sure to tune in to "omg! Insider" on TV tonight for the latest in entertainment news.