Bradley Cooper suicidal Alias

by umer | 6:05 AM in |

Bradley Cooper suicidal Alias--Bradley Cooper grew so disillusioned with his lack of screentime on Jennifer Garner's crime-fighting TV series Alias, he wanted to kill himself as he secretly struggled with addictions to alcohol and drugs.

The Silver Linings Playbook star appeared on the show as Will Tippin, the innocent roommate of Garner's secret spy character Sydney Bristow in the early days of his career, but he grew frustrated as his role became less and less prominent.

In a candid interview with GQ magazine, he says, "I would only work three days a week. And then for the second season, I got even more sidelined. I was like, 'Ugh.' And then next thing you know, I was like, 'I want to f---ing kill myself.'"

Cooper eventually asked creator J.J. Abrams to write him out of the series - despite having no other jobs lined up: "J.J. was like, 'OK.' He probably would've fired me, anyway."

The discontent with his career even prompted Cooper to consider quitting Hollywood altogether: "At some point, you have to come to terms with, 'The business just doesn't want you', you know what I mean?"

However, Cooper decided to give acting one last push and made a conscious decision to get his personal life in order so he could focus on his craft.

He explains, "If I continued it (drinking and using drugs), I was really going to sabotage my whole life."

Cooper forced himself to get sober and after kicking his bad habits, he knew he'd made the right choice.

He says, "I was doing these movies, and I got to meet Sandra Bullock (on All About Steve) and meet these people and work with them. And I'm sober, and I'm like, 'Oh, I'm actually myself. And I don't have to put on this air to be somebody else, and this person still wants to work with me? Oh, what the f**k is that about?' I was rediscovering myself in this workplace, and it was wonderful."